We expect each other to
- be considerate
- be respectful
- be responsible
- be dedicated
- be empathetic
We follow the Code for sharing of Sutty.
Our Anti-Harassment Policy
Adapted from Merveilles' Code of Conduct
la sala is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
- la sala prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. Moderators reserve the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
If you are being harassed by a member of la sala, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the moderators at compudanzas at posteo.net. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to la sala, but if you are being harassed by a member of la sala outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from la sala based on their past behavior, including behavior outside la sala and behavior towards people who are not in la sala.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. It may be deemed necessary—for the protection of individuals outside our community or of the reputation of the community—to identify offenders of this Code to persons external to this community (including, where necessary, in public forum). We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.